About India


May 4, 2013 - Pups are born!  

May 6, 2013 – All of the pups have closed eyes.  They are so incredibly precious that it makes me wish they could stay little forever and that I could keep them all.    India is neither light blonde nor reddish blonde.  She's a true golden blonde and, although I might be a biased, I think she's going to be an absolutely gorgeous girl when she grows up!  

May 15, 2013 -  Her eyes are open! In fact, all the pup's eyes are open. Now the fun begins!   

May 19, 2013 – India and her littermates received their temporary names today and their first collars to help us keep them all straight!  India is wearing a maroon collar.  Our family got together and tried to come up with a theme to name eleven puppies.  Believe it or not this is no easy chore!  In the end we decided on naming them based on military call letters.  After all, Cadence, their mom, was named while living at the army base at Fort Drum, NY.  And, Comerade, well, that just seemed fitting that her "mate" should be her comrade as they would say in the military!

May 23, 2013 – As far as I can see right now, India is a mix of all things Golden Retriever. 

May 31, 2013 – India is an adorable golden blonde pup!  She fun, she's perky, she's mellow, she's kind, she loves the attention of kids and adults. She is everything you expect of a Golden Retriever - she's the perfect family dog!  

June 7, 2013 - Tomorrow the pups will be 5 weeks old. It's hard to believe that much time has passed already.  India has found her way into the hearts of her new family. So many people have expressed an interest in her and I'm sure that's because she's a very special pup.  Actually they all are!  I will miss her when she leaves but I sincerely hope that her new family will keep in touch with me via photos, on facebook, in person or however they can! 

June 8, 2013 - India has found her forever home with Tara where she will be loved and cared for the way a pup should be.  This is such an exciting placement to me because she will live fairly close by and maybe I'll get to see her as she grows into the beautiful adult golden retriever that I know she will be.